Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010!

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a safe and fun time last night. I'm sure a lot of people are recovering right now. I had a quiet evening with my hubby and two pugs. We went to bed shortly after the new year began. As I get older I find that I don't want to go out and party as much to ring in the new year. I still want to stay up and see it in, however. It's getting more difficult to do; I struggled around 11:00 last night to stay awake! My hubby sprawled out on the couch and said, "Wake me when it's midnight." Ah, the excitement of getting older! Anyway, as far as the weather goes, the NWS forecasters got it wrong yet again! They were saying that this storm was going to be wetter than the previous one. Yet, at my house, only about a tenth of an inch fell. During the last storm, over two-thirds of an inch fell at my house. Oh, well. Obviously this storm weakened as it made its way through our area before sunrise this morning. There was one last line of showers that moved through between 10am and 11am. The rest of the afternoon today should remain cloudy, with temperatures hovering in the low to mid 50s. This looks like our last chance for rain for awhile as high pressure builds in, deflecting all the Pacific storms to our north. So much for El Nino. Here's the seven day Chico forecast from the NWS:

Tonight: A 30 percent chance of showers. Areas of fog after 4am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. Southeast wind between 6 and 9 mph.

Saturday: Areas of fog before 10am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 55. North northwest wind between 3 and 7 mph.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 38. North northwest wind around 6 mph.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 56. Light north wind.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.

Monday: Partly sunny, with a high near 55.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.

Tuesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 56.

Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.

Wednesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 56.

Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.

Thursday: Partly sunny, with a high near 56.

No comments:

Post a Comment