Tuesday, January 19, 2010

update on storm effects

I was incorrect in my previous post regarding power outages. There have been numerous outages the past two days as these storms continue to batter the area. Paradise has been hardest hit, but Chico has not been spared. Most of the outages have now been restored, but more high winds are expected tomorrow. Along with that will come likely power outages, so be ready. More updates can be found at the Chico Enterprise Record website on the links listed to the right.

3 comments:

  1. I was looking at your archive to find information on the storms of January 2010 and I want to let you know that sadly Chico Enterprise forces you to pay for news archives since htey use Newsbank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I want to know is we use to live in Paradise *near Wagstaff road to be more exact* in the 90s and wish to know how they fared during these storms?


    Here is a funny thing.
    When we lived in Paradise we were under such extreme drought that Mom told me Dad came up with the idea to use bathtub water to water our plants as they were dying which the idea saved those plants.

    We also once had to evacuate in our end of town because of a canyon fire they thought was going to go over the top but at the VERY last minute the winds switched directions.

    The fire was started by two kids daring each other to throw cigars down the canyon and they got arrested for arson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever I think about it I still can't believe those kids did that.

    ReplyDelete