Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hello and Welcome

Hello, everyone! Thank you for checking out my blog. I admit I have a somewhat narrow focus- weather in Chico, California. I'm sure some of you are wondering, "Where the hell is Chico?" I wondered that myself before I moved out here with my husband in 2002. He applied for a position at California State University, Chico, and I, of course, tagged along. We moved here from Tampa, Florida, and we both instantly fell in love with the area. Chico lies in the Northern Sacramento Valley, nestled at the foot of the Sierra Nevada mountains. The city is a college town surrounded almost completely by snow-capped, heavily forested mountains. It is a beautiful area, and I will post some of my favorite photos to this blog site as soon as I figure out how. Anyway, the main focus of this blog will be Chico weather and climatology, but I will also talk about Chico itself, as well as all of the great events and happenings around town. Other topics will include my interests, politics, food, and whatever else I can think of. Feel free to comment at any time. Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment